Technologies and Innovations
Commentary-interview of the Director for Automation of Business Processes A. A. Areshkin
The main areas of IT system development in 2015 are related with automation of business processes.
In order to improve the quality of customer care, the Company performed the following activities in the framework of automation of its technological connection business process and service development:
- implemented the support system for development of technical specifications which enables the Company specialists to design and select the optimum technical solution for connection to PJSC MOESK grid, thus reducing the timeframe required for technological connection,
- developed its information portal on technological connections in order to eliminate the need for personal (physical) visits to the offices for the Applicants (Zero Visits program),
- performed activities on modernization of its contact center Light Line.
In the framework of automation of its business process for electric power transmission and metering, the Company implemented additional functions of the hardware and software complex for calculation of delivered transmission services and generation of electric power balances.
Additionally, the Company:
- worked on creation of reference base regulating archive storage of documents, which is an important step towards creation of electronic document archive with all archive documentation of PJSC MOESK,
- implemented the system for automated processing of internal user requests (ServiceDesk),
- launched a project for implementation of a single corporate domain for centralization of IT computing systems used by all automated facilities into an IT infrastructure with uniform control functions.
One of the key goals for 2016 is to implement the project for replication of mobile team management system, which will improve the level of information certainty as required to make decisions in the course of operating dispatch control, operation, repair, and development of electric grid and to improve the efficiency and reduce the timeframe of scheduled and emergency activities at electrical grid facilities due to optimum distribution of mobile work teams among work sites. This project will increase the reliability of electric power supply and labor efficiency.
The Company also plans to complete automation of business process for client application management and analysis of client relations efficiency (CRM), implement a system for prompt notification about process-related violations with indication of causes of their occurrence.
Information Technology and Telecommunication
Results of Development of Automated Process Control Systems (AEa.) in 2015:
In order to improve observability and controllability of 35-220 kV grid, over the reporting year the Company commissioned cutting-edge systems for data collection and transfer at 26 stations. Seven stations were equipped with Automated Process Control Systems (AEa.). In 2015, the Company launched a target program to increase the reliability of operational process control (OPC) for Novaya Moskva branch; implementation of other target programs is in progress: automation of OPC at Moscow Cable Grids (MCG) branch of PJSC MOESK, modernization and expansion of data collection and transmission system for PJSC MOESK stations.
Results of Business Process Automation in 2015
PJSC MOESK continuously improves its IT system. Thus, the following projects were implemented in 2015:
- Implementation of system for support of technical specifications preparation process based on Tekla NIS platform which can automatically calculate the options of technical solutions for connections to electric grids in regions 12 and 21 of MCG branch of PJSC MOESK;
- Development of information portal for technological connections (Zero Visits program) in order to eliminate the need for personal (physical) visits to the offices for the Applicants:
- Modernization of Contact Center Light Line which enabled delivery of services to consumers in automatic mode without direct interaction with the operator and reduced timeframe for information provision in response to client applications:
- Implementation of uniform authentication functionality for the web-based client area of PJSC MOESK and web-based client area of PJSC “Mosenergosbyt”, which enables quick transition between them without additional authentication;
- Subsystem for generation of bar codes for documents on technological connections, which enables the Company employees to uniquely identify and quickly find the documents and enables the consumers to use the bar code for online services;
- Implementation of functionality for notification of consumers about scheduled power supply outage via SMS and E-mail;
- Automation of business process for consolidation of electrical grid assets into the Automated Information System for Technological Connection Control (AIS TCC) and the Client Area of PJSC MOESK in order to formalize the transfer of electric grid facilities to the balance sheet of PJSC with the possibility to submit applications both in the client service centers and via the web-based client area;
- Implementation of digitization process for applications and complaints in the client area of PJSC MOESK, where the client can quickly obtain consultation, send a letter or complaint without the need for a physical visit to the Company office;
- Automation of workspace for compliance control employee in charge of identification of possible corruption attributes based on the key corruption indicators, including the possibility to prepare uniform reports on the completed anticorruption checks;
- Automation of business process “Electric Power Consumption without Contract” in the Automated Information System for Technological Connection Control (AIS TCC) to formalize the accounting process for Reports on Electric Power Consumption without Contract until execution of contract on electric power consumption or limitation of electric power consumption;
- Modernization of architecture, implementation and introduction of additional functions of the hardware & software complex of AIS “KIS Balance” based on the Omniutilities platform to enable calculations for the volumes of delivered transmission services and generation of electric power balances;
- Creation of reference base regulating archive storage of documents, survey and collection of input data on the paper documentation funds within branches and Power Grids Regions, development of typical reference documentation set for organization and performance of activities on documentation fund digitization;
- Creation of client forum in the form of interactive consulting platform dedicated to technological connections and power supply;
- Automation of business process for 360 degrees personnel appraisal;
- Automation of integration process between the Software Complex for Incident Notification (SWCIN) and Software Complex “Accident Occurrence Rate” as related with application for emergency outage;
- The SWCIN has functionality for input of data on 0.4 kV equipment, including association with the consumer addresses, which will enable delivery of notifications to the clients about emergency power outage in the future.
Additionally, the following projects were launched in 2015:
- Transfer to electronic workflow
- Automation of technological connection process
- Reliability improvement
- HR management and remuneration calculation
R&D in 2015
|R&D Description||Timeframe||Technical results of December 31, 2015:||R&D result implementation site:||R&D result implementation effect:||Actual cost of R&D implementation in 2015, RUB mln with VAT|
|System for monitoring and prediction of electric grid damage, including assessment of necessary resource mobilization under the impact of hazardous natural phenomena||2014-2016||
The Company plans to implement a system for monitoring and prediction of occurrence time, nature, and duration of hazardous natural phenomena which damage the electric grid as required to assess necessary mobilization of resources in case of hazardous natural phenomena impact across the entire service area of PJSC MOESK, including implementation of automatic weather stations for prompt collection of weather data and forecast update within the system operation territory.
|Development and implementation of intelligent distribution grid technologies for PJSC MOESK||2014-2016||
The technology will be implemented at pilot sites of 22nd region of Moscow Cable Grids branch of PJSC MOESK “Scherbinka” and at pilot sites of Mozhaisky and Ruzsky Power Grids Region of the Western Electric grids branch of PJSC MOESK. The technology will be applied for distribution transformer stations (DTS), transformer stations (TS) which have effect on operation of the entire grid between the TSs, as well as switching equipment, automated sectionalizing points, overhead lines and cable lines in distribution grids rated for 6-20/0.4 kV.
|Study of electric power quality in 10/0.4 kV distribution grids, including development of guidelines, instructions, and technical activities to improve the quality of electric power supplied by PJSC MOESK||2014-2015||
The results shall be used by the electric power quality departments, distribution grid department, electric and cable grid regions, technological connections departments within PJSC MOESK branches. Electric power quality improvement activities, which do not require any additional costs, were performed at the pilot sites of Southern Electric Grids branch of PJSC MOESK.
9.94 Cost per acceptance certificates
|Preparation of development schemes for 6-20 kV electric grids in Power Grids Regions (PGR) of PJSC MOESK in Moscow region||2014-2015||
6-20 kV electric grids, 34 PGRs in Moscow region.
|Development of typical digital station rated for 10, 20, 35 kV||2014-2016||
The Company plans to fabricate a prototype (components of DSS: ESGMB — 35kV, ESGMB-6(10)kV, SSC A CDCCS MB) which will be operated at a PJSC MOESK site. The pilot site shall be arranged at 35 kV station Znamenskaya.
|Reactive power compensation in distribution grid||2014-2016||
The Company plans to implement the control system and install at least 50 reactive power compensation devices at the pilot sites of PJSC MOESK branch — Eastern Electric Grids.
|Automatic reclosing with transmission line condition monitoring (ARTLCM)||2014-2016||
The Company plans to install the new device on all existing 110 – 220 kV transmission lines operated by PJSC MOESK. Pilot implementation of ARTLCM system is planned for overhead cable lines in the following branches of PJSC MOESK: Moscow HV Grids, Western Electric Grids and Eastern Electric Grids.
13.04 Cost per acceptance certificates
PJSC MOESK plans to perform the following R&D activities in 2016–2017:
- Development of guidelines on application of diagnosis tools for 6–220 kV equipment under operating voltage by partial discharge method;
- Development of guidelines on selection of neutral earthing mode in 6–35 kV grids, including description of aspects in connection with the transfer of Moscow Cable Grids rated for 6(10) kV to resistive earthing neutral operation mode;
- Development of typical design for support-mounted 110 kV junction unit for connection of overhead line and cable line;
- Development of technical solutions and recommendations for transfer of existing 6–10 kV grid to 20 kV grid in rural areas;
- Development of typical engineering solutions for segregation of technical and fiscal metering of electric power in 6-20 kV switchgear cubicles with bolted feeders which supply power to several electric users;
- Development and implementation of intelligent distribution grid technologies;
- System for monitoring and prediction of electric grid damage, including assessment of necessary resource mobilization under the impact of hazardous natural phenomena;
- Development of typical digital station rated for 10, 20, 35 kV;
- Automatic reclosing with transmission line condition monitoring;
- Reactive power compensation in distribution grid.
List of Patents/Certificates Obtained in 2015 in Connection with R&D Results
In 2015, PJSC MOESK obtained 4 title protection documents (patents) on the results of its R&D activities:
- Utility model patent “Automatic transformer voltage governor”;
- Utility model patent “Charger for electric public transport (DC)”;
- Utility model patent “ Charger for electric public transport (AC)”;
- Certificate of software registration “Settings calculation program for automatic regulation of transfer voltage in electric grids”.
Additionally, the Company submitted an application for utility model patent “Automatic recloser for overhead electric cable transmission line” to Rospatent (Russian Agency for Patents and Trademarks).
Funds Allocated for R&D
|Revenues from electric power transmission, RUB mln without VAT (total), including:||38,580.2||33,656.4||35,787.8||+6.33|
|Funds allocated for R&D, RUB mln|
|Cost per acceptance certificates||208.2||5.26|