PJSC MOESK operates on the territory of two constituent entities of the RF Central Federal District: Moscow and Moscow region. Tariff regulation is applicable to the following types of activities: electric power transmission services and technological connection of consumers to power grids. Governmental regulation of tariffs in the regions of presence is performed by the Regional Energy Committee of Moscow (REC of Moscow), Moscow Region Pricing, and Tariffing Committee (“Mosoblkomtsen”).
Revenue structure, RUB mln
Tariffs on Electric Power Transmission
The electric power transmission tariffs for PJSC MOESK are determined using the return on investment method since 2011. The basic level of operating (controlled) costs of PJSC MOESK in Moscow and Moscow region was revised.
Analysis of PJSC MOESK average Uniform Tariff Variation for Electric Power Transmission Services, with Breakdown to Operation Regions, kopecks/kW·h
|Total for PJSC MOESK||149.19||150.12||160.08||164.53||172.57|
Required gross revenue for Electric Power Transmission Services
Dynamics of Required gross revenue for Electric Power Transmission Services, with Breakdown to Regions of Operation, RUB mln
|Required gross revenue for uniform tariffs (total), including:||108,099.09||99,554.96||111,459.65||120,384.56||125,727.61||4.44%|
|Payments to PJSC FGC of UES||12,266.16||13,524.35||15,405.55||16,846.21||17,335.61||2.91%|
|Payments to LGOs||31,523.32||23,514.58||29,550.49||31,332.56||32,446.99||3.56%|
|Costs of loss compensation||14,548.85||13,475.68||13,822.11||14,533.56||15,084.85||3.79%|
|Required gross revenue of PJSC MOESK||49,760.76||49,040.36||52,681.50||57,672.23||60,860.15||5.53%|
The main causes of variation of tariffs for electric power transmission services and Required gross revenue in Moscow and Moscow region in 2015 are as follows:
- growth of tariffs for the services provided by PJSC FGC of UES (the tariffs for PJSC FGC of UES are set by Federal Antimonopoly Service of Russia);
- increased costs of electric power loss compensation;
- growth of necessary gross revenues for the local grid operators;
- growth of necessary gross revenues for PJSC MOESK.
Structure Dynamics of RGR for Electric Power Transmission Services by PJSC MOESK
Payment for Technological Connection
Payment rates were established for PJSC MOESK in 2015 in Moscow and Moscow region for connection of electric power equipment operated by the power consumers, electric grid facilities owned by grid companies and other entities with the voltage level below 35 kV and maximum power rating below 8,900 kW in compliance with:
- Ordinance of REC of Moscow No. 542-tpe dated December 25, 2014;
- Ordinance of Moscow Region Pricing and Tariffing Committee No. 186-R dated December 30, 2014 (as amended by Ordinance of Moscow Region Pricing and Tariffing Committee No. 06
- Ordinance of REC of Moscow No. 199-tpe dated August 27, 2015 (as amended by Ordinance of REC of Moscow No. 226-tpe dated September 18, 2015)
- Ordinance of Moscow Region Pricing and Tariffing Committee No. 112-R dated August 31, 2015 On Amendment of Ordinance of Moscow Region Pricing and Tariffing Committee No. 186-R dated December 30, 2014 On Establishment of Payment Rates per Unit of Maximum Power (RUB/kW)
From October 1, 2015:
The approved payment rates per unit of maximum power and standardized tariff rates for connection of electric power equipment operated by the power consumers, electric grid facilities owned by grid companies and other entities with the voltage level below 35 kV and maximum power rating below 8,900 kW to the electric grids of PJSC MOESK are specified in Annex 5.9. to the Annual Report.
Average Price of 1 MW
|Average cost of 1 MW, RUB mln (without VAT)||8.6||5.8||3.3||- 43.1|
|up to 15 kW (total), including:||0.2||0.1||0.1||0|
|individuals up to 15 kW||0.0005||0.0005||0.0005||0|
|above 15 kW up to 150 kW||6.5||3.8||3.3||- 13.2|
|above 150 kW under 670 kW||10.5||5.8||5.3||- 8.6|
|at least 670 kW||13.3||11.3||4.7||- 58.4|
Analysis of Utilization Frequency (Selected by Applicants) for Various Methods of Payment for Technological Connection in 2015, %
The average cost of technological connection per 1 MW in 2015 decreased by 43.1% to 3.3 mln rubles The decrease is attributable to the decrease in the share of revenues on the contracts executed before January 1, 2011 (cancellation of payment for the “high side”).
In 2015, the contracts on technological connections at the reduced rate (550 rubles /connection) formed a major part in the structure of PJSC MOESK contracts. In terms of service regions, the largest share of contracts with reduced payment rate is observed in Moscow region (87% of the total number of executed contracts); in Moscow, the largest share of contracts (70%) is executed based on the rate per unit of maximum power rating.